Every student must observe the following conduct in the Dojang.
- Bow upon entering or leaving the Dojang.
- Bow to the instructor at the proper distance.
- Before the class commences and when it finishes, form orderly lines facing the instructor, with the most senior student standing to the right, and the remainder lining up from right to left in order of seniority.
- At the beginning and end of the class, the most senior student calls the class to attention with the command (CHARYOT), followed by Boosabum (1st-3rd degree Assistant Instructor), Sabum (4th-6th degree Instructor), Sahyun (7th-8th degree Master) or Saseong (9th degree Grand Master), which ever is appropriate.
- He or She gives the command to bow to the instructor (KYONG-YE), as they bow all students say TAEKWON.
- Recite the Oath prior to training.
- Before asking a question, attract the instructor's attention by raising you hand.
- Always address your instructor as Sir/Madam or Mr. / Mrs. / Ms / Miss.
- Always ask for the instructor's permission before entering or leaving the class.
- Dobuk (suit) and belt must be worn in all classes after first grading, with the belt displaying your correct grade and tied in the designated manner.
- A T-shirt may be worn under the Dobuk if necessary; however it must only be white.
- It is forbidden to wear shoes, runners etc., in the Dojang.
- A high degree of personal hygiene is expected e.g. finger and toe nails clipped and clean.
- Always turn to the left side before adjusting your Dobuk.
- Smoking, eating, drinking or chewing gum is not permitted in the Dojang.
- The wearing of jewellery, watches, rings, etc., in the class is strictly not permitted.
- When practising with a partner, always bow to your partner before you start and when you finish.
To the best of your ability, Dobuk should be cleaned and pressed for class.